Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Stretched too thin

Recently I noticed I am doing less with friends and family.  I am stretched too thin.  Too many 'yeses' and not enough 'nos'.  Can't blame anyone but myself.  I am strained at school because there is a teacher that is out sick for over a month now.  I am trying not to fix things at school but I kind of consider it my job.  I am volunteering for a musical production that I imagined to be much smaller than it is.  I am feeling the strain of health problems, family challenges, and around daily stuff.  Now the air is cooling telling me holiday's are coming.  Halloween is already going to back shelves making way for Christmas.  Whooo wheee.  I am sitting here wondering why I've done it to myself again...buried myself in business.  Loosing track of what is important. 

Thankful to my DH for reminding me to eat simply or simply eat.  Thankful to my sister for chats in the evening when I am feeling over wound and struggling.  Thankful to a loving Heavenly Father trying to teach me, "I can't fix this."  Yea, I was the family fixer.  If there was a problem I was expected to fix it.  Failed a lot.  Then I became a Mom and carried on the tradition dishing out advice and trying to fix things.  The Good Lord is putting me on a interesting path of "you can't fix this."  Not sure how the lesson is going....so far feeling like a failure again because I keep trying to fix things, people, problems, myself.  Sometimes I can't fix things.  My sister reminds me to "Give the battle to God."  Yup.  That is a toughy. 

No comments: